I've been learning about essential oils for over a year now, but I decided to take the plunge and really educate myself, while making a commitment to using them regularly at the beginning of the month.
Before I jump into all the ways I've been using EOs daily, I think it's really important to use them responsibly. There is a lot of stuff out there (on Pinterest, etc.) and I am not an aromatherapist so please do your research and get information from reliable sources. EOs can be harmful when used incorrectly. My recommendations come from Young Living and its reference guide.
So far, I really love using Young Living Essential Oils. In an effort to eliminate some of the nasty chemicals in our home, I have been incorporating essential oil use into some of the most simple things.
On a daily basis, I use:
- Thieves in the bathroom sink soap. I make my own foaming soap with distilled water, castile soap and 1-2 drops of either lavender or thieves EO.
- Diffusing stress away or thieves in our home diffuser (I only diffuse 1-2 drops at a time and am very careful about the diffuser's proximity to our infant).
- Lavender in my mascara -I added one drop to my mascara bottle. It not only smells great, but promotes lash growth and makes mascara last longer.
- Lemon, lavender and peppermint (combined with a carrier oil) in a roller bottle on my toddler's feet for seasonal allergies.
- On my Madre Beads necklace (similar) as another form of diffusing.
I use EOs in many other ways from tackling colds to cleaning and will be sharing more about that around here soon.
Curious to learn more about essential oils? I'm co-hosting a Facebook party on Thursday, May 19. Let me know and I can send you an invite (comment below, message me on FB, etc.). I'd love to share more info with you there!
Disclosure: affiliate links used