I had high hopes for getting back into my blogging rhythm this month, but clearly that didn't happen. Instead, I tried to enjoy my time off and not worry about the online world. That worked for a few days, and then Maggie got sick and so did I. We've had hand-foot-and-mouth, which I've realized is one of the more painful kinds of sicknesses you can get (or maybe I'm just a wimp).
So my full week of vacation was sabotaged (yes, I'm being dramatic). There was no trip to the zoo, playdates or time with good friends, as I had planned. Instead, we had some good snuggle time, lots of practice for Maggie to use her walker (she still hasn't taken a step on her own yet) and homemade popsicle consumption.
If you've been around here long or know me in real life, you know I'm a list maker. So I'm making a list the few things I did get done in the past two weeks:
- Potted my succulents (see above)
- Blogged about Maggie's birthday (there's still one more post coming)
- Baked zucchini bread
- Watched a few good movies: The Lego Movie and I Don't Know How She Does It
- Put Maggie's hair in pigtails for the first time
- Updated Maggie's baby book with photos, etc. through her first year
- Ate (too many?) homemade popsicles
What have you been up to this summer?