Looking back on May, I feel like somewhat of a failure since none of my goals were fully accomplished. Knowing it would be a full month, I cutback and only made three goals for myself. I'd say there was progress, but I cannot cross any of them off.
A look back at my May goals:
- Cut back on my sugar intake. Not even close...
- Go on a date with my husband. We did have a movie night at home on our anniversary, but that doesn't really count since we did not leave the house.
- Plan a summer getaway. We have something in the works and I think it's the closest I came to reaching a goal all month!
For the month of June, I am tempted to not set any goals. Earlier this week I told myself I wasn't even going to write this blog post because of all that's going on with my work life.
However, I think there are some specific goals I can set for myself to be able to relax rather than stress me out. My approach for June is not necessarily to check things off, but to breathe and enjoy the beginning of summer.
- Give away at least three bouquets of peonies to neighbors or colleagues. We have a beautiful peony bush that will bloom in the coming week and I love having fresh cut blooms in the house. I shared them with coworkers last year and it was a big hit, so I'm looking forward to doing so again.
- Go out on a date with my husband. Yes, it's staying on the list.
- Cutback on my bread consumption. I was originally planning to stop eating it altogether, but I am rethinking and hope to only eat bread only one day per week.
What are your goals for the month?