Each month, I'm making a list of goals and linking up with Hayley from The Tiny Twig. I find that making time-bound goals for myself, keeps me motivated.
My April goals were:
- Go for at least three walks per week. I don't like to make excuses, but the "April showers" were in full effect all month! We walked more like 1-2 per week...
Have at least one lunch date per week with a colleague.I had lunch with a number of colleagues and it evened out to once/week for the month.
- Finish reading Barefoot Church. I'm still reading it...are you surprised?
Find an Easter dress for Maggie.I bought a dress from ThredUp for Maggie for Easter and was so pleased with it. I'll be reviewing all of my purchases and experience with ThredUp in the coming week or so.
My May goals are:
- Cut back on my sugar intake. I don't want to point any fingers at the jellybeans on my kitchen counter, but over the past few months I've let myself get away with eating too many sweets. I think nursing has something to do it. I'd tell myself I needed the extra calories and it was okay, but I'm weaning Maggie, so it's got to stop. To be realistic, this means only ONE serving/sweet treat per day. I realize that's still a decent amount, but that seems like a good start.
- Go on a date with my husband. Our anniversary is this month, so I'm fairly confident we'll do something to celebrate.
- Plan a summer getaway. Even if it's only for a weekend, I'd like to plan something for us to do as a family and look forward to.
Do you have any goals for the month ahead?