This year, I'm making monthly goals. And with only two months in, I feel like it's been a bit harder than an planned. BUT I'm pressing on! I'm not gonna let the first two drab, cold and snow-filled months deter me from setting goals.
My February goals were:
Plan our dinners for the week ahead each weekend.Yes, I did this one!
- Take a photo of Maggie in the snow. Even though we had more snow, I was never able to get her dressed up and outside to capture a snowy background. It rained a few times on top of the snow, ruining it's prettiness and other times it was just too cold to be fussing with taking photos.
- Create (and order) a photo book of 2013 images. I don't think I even logged into the website I started the project on...seriously, I lacked motivation!
- I am going to keep reading. I've been working my way through Jesus Feminist and Bread and Wine. I might have read ONE chapter between both books in February. Yikes!
Realizing I don't have a very good track record this year, I'm considering the type of goals for the month ahead and how I can make them happen, so I don't feel defeated by unmet goals.
My March goals are:
- Introduce Maggie to two of her great grandparents (and some other relatives).
- Continue meal planning on a weekly basis. Knowing our dinner options has been a huge help to the rhythm of our weeks; I don't always assign meals to an evening ahead of time, but it's helpful to even know specific options.
- Start a St. Patrick's Day tradition (I've been looking forward to doing something fun for St Patty's Day once we have a child).
- Send a bag of clothes into ThredUp (they sell excellent condition name brand clothing). I signed up for an account in January, but have not filled my bag and returned it.
Do you have any goals for the month ahead?
I'm linking up with Hayley.