It's crazy to think we only have five months until Maggie's first birthday as well as to look back and remember the early months of her life. She has grown so much and is becoming such an independent girl.
Maggie loves to sit up on her own and play with her toys. One of her favorite things to play with lately is a blanket. She loves to pull it over herself. I don't think it's quite peek-a-boo yet, but she really loves blankets. I think it all started with her dad playing fort with a blanket. She squeals with glee if a blanket is over her face.
Something you may not be able to tell from the photos is that Maggie loves to squeal and giggle. Every morning, we wake up to her squeals. Some days they are louder than others, but anytime between 5am and 6:30am, she gets awake and begins to make some of the sweetest sounds. Thankfully, there are days she has a more quiet squeal than others and we can sleep a bit while she entertains herself in her crib.
- Pulling her socks off and "eating" her bare feet.
- Eating in her high chair. She has taken quite well to eating purees and solids (so much so that she rejects bottles at times).
- Riding in the seat of the shopping cart at the grocery store.
- Songs with motions...or maybe it's just that she likes to watch her mom sing and dance?
- Playing with toys in the bathtub.
- Having her hands held (she really doesn't like when people, even those she knows, grab her hands).
- Getting in her carseat.
- Green beans. I don't know if it's just the texture, but she's not a fan.
Keep smiling, baby girl! We love your squeals and happy-go-lucky nature.