Let's talk briefly about goals, shall we? Setting monthly goals is a relatively new practice for me and I'm glad I did it for January. I didn't feel overwhelmed by having a "new year's resolution." Since they were monthly goals they were time-bound, giving me a deadline and that gave me a bit of a push to get them done.
So, let's revisit the January goals briefly...
- Assemble a family binder. I'm still working on this; I bought the binder and started to assemble it, but I'm not using it yet.
- Finish one book. Still reading...
- Donate 5 bags of clothing and other housewares to the Salvation Army. Done! I took three bags the first trip and sent 2.5 bags with my husband one Saturday afternoon.
- Implement at least two new organizational strategies in our home. Does weekly meal planning count? I've been more intentional about that on a weekly basis. But I'm still working on what to put into practice.
- Hang photos and artwork on the walls in our bedroom. I'm halfway there; we bought a few frames and we just need to get some photos printed and arrange/hang the collage.
This month, I'm setting a few new goals:
- Plan our dinners for the week ahead each weekend. I've been on a roll the last few weeks, so let's see if I can keep it up.
- Take a photo of Maggie in the snow. I think it's safe to say we'll get more snow this month and I've been dying to get the little one bundled up in her snow suit to get a photo.
- Create (and order) a photo book of 2013 images. I started one in January, but I'd really like to finish compiling our 2013 in photos since it was such a memorable year.
- I am going to keep reading. I've been working my way through Jesus Feminist and Bread and Wine.
Do you have any goals for February?
((I'm linking up my monthly with Hayley.))