Happy Friday! Can you believe it's already the first Friday of October? September seemed to fly by!
A few highlights from my September:
- A family trip to the orchard to go apple picking.
- Jogging again and making it a fairly consistent thing in my week (I logged over 30 miles which isn't bad for my first month back at it in years).
- Doing some fall baking including this recipe for Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
- Joining a Community Bible Study group.
- Pulling my mocs out of the closet and wearing them (almost daily).
My personal goals for October:
- Eat fewer sweets. I have seriously been giving into every craving and need to cool it with the desserts (which also means I should probably lay off the baking so the yummies aren't hanging around).
- Complete my first 10K in two years (I'm registered for one in the middle of the month).
- Finish decorating our second bathroom (I picked up the shower curtain earlier this week).
- Photograph and share Maggie's nursery on the blog. I thought it would happen weeks ago, but...
- Take my mother-in-law to at least one historic site in New England.
A few blog posts + pins worth mentioning:
- Being just 12 weeks postpartum, I can say these 25 ways to encourage new moms are so true!
- I would like to live in this outfit this fall. Seriously, where can I get a sweater like that?
- My husband and I talk a lot about raising a daughter and what that will look like as she grows. This mother's take on role models is inspiring.
- I can be geographically challenged and these 40 maps that will help you make sense of the world are great.
- Have you heard about the 4th trimester bodies project?
- I'm enjoying Allison's 31 Days of Encouragement for the Working Mom series (and I feel like I am the only one not doing a 31 Days series this month).
These handmade items recently caught my eye:
- These upcycled baby moccasins. Ever since I put shoes on Maggie earlier this week, I am just tickled when I see baby shoes.
- I'm obsessed with baby legs and love these teal and purple ones
- If you've been around for long, you may have noticed my love for polkadots and this polkadot baby headband is perfect!
It's your turn to share your list! On the first Friday of the month Erika and I share our favorite things from the past month and what we're looking forward to in the new month. It doesn't have to be fancy, it doesn't have to be long, it can just be what the link-up is: a list.