I haven't been one for decorating or redecorating much lately. I'm excited to put the baby's room together, so I guess I've been conserving my creativity for that.
Sometime in April, I finally took down the winter mantle decor and gave it a little update. The colors are pretty neutral, but I kind of like the absence of color and sticking with greens, whites and browns.
Everything I used was already in our home:
- I've been collecting bottles for years (the oldest is from a trip to Italy nine years ago) and have blogged about them several times before (repurposing jars and bottles and twine wrapped wine bottles).
- The maps were both purchased on eBay years ago and they represent our home states.
- The windows were from our kitchen and we replaced them when we moved into the house two years ago.
- I picked up the star plate from Pottery Barn Outlet years ago.
- The lantern is from Ikea.
What are your favorite things to decorate your home with?