This was our first spring-like weekend. The sun shined on both Saturday and Sunday and nearly all the snow has melted. I had to crack the windows in the car since the sun had warmed it up so much. Being out and about in spring weather is rejuvenating.
Highlights of the weekend included:
- Going to the Good Friday service at Citylife
- Time with friends in the city
- Cleaning and rearranging our kitchen (I can't wait to share photos)
- A little Goodwill and Target shopping
- Easter dinner with church friends
I'm feeling more and more pregnant and noticing more and more people looking at my belly when I walk by. The third trimester is drawing near, so I'm trying to make the most of my energy while I have it. Now that there isn't any snow on the ground around here, I can wear ballet flats, which also makes me feel like it's really spring!
A current pregnancy update:
- How far along: 26 weeks, 3 days
- How big is the baby: cucumber (15 in., 2.2 lbs)
- How I'm feeling: I am feeling larger and find myself bumping my belly against the kitchen/bathroom counter.
- Sleeping: I'm still sleeping well and feel so thankful for this. I find it harder to sleep past 7am though.
- Food cravings: Carbs. From pasta to pizza to bread, I want it. I've been eating a fair amount of fruits and vegetables too, so don't worry!
- Food aversions: None.
- Doctor's appointment: I have one this week.
- Movement: The kicks are getting harder and more frequent. Sometimes we can see my belly bounce from a sudden movement.
- What I'm looking forward to: I am excited about an upcoming trip to see my husband's family in Tennessee. We don't get to see them too often and it will be fun for them to see me pregnant.
- What I did / got for baby: We finally acquired a few more baby things: a high chair, swing and Baby Born (all from a friend). I bought some yarn I plan to crochet into a baby blanket.
- What I'm wearing: Layers! I'm still layering under/over dresses, but trying to wear ballet flats rather than boots. My ankles want to breath again! While at the thrift store over the weekend, I picked up a jacket I can wear throughout the spring, along with a few loose fitting tops that will be good for the office.
- What I learned this week: Everyone loves a pregnant lady. People talk to me in situations like I've never experienced before. Whether I'm riding in an elevator or checking out, I find they give a good glance at the belly, smile and then ask when I'm due or what I'm having.
|jacket: Target // jeans, shirt, scarf: Old Navy // shoes: TOMS|