It's hard to believe we're already 3/4 of the way there! I'm feeling large, but still get surprised when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.
When I think about meeting this little one face to face in about 10 weeks (give or take), I get really excited and a wee bit anxious. The phase of people asking "when are you due" and looking surprised when I reply with July 5 has started. They must think I look like it should be sooner. Yes, it's still over two months away.
They also ask if I'm ready, to which I am usually honest in my "heck no" reply. I told one person if the baby shows early, it will be sleeping in a laundry basket (but they didn't find that humorous).
We do have a timeline and will be doing the majority of our baby prep in the last month before the due date (which has been planned all along). I am confident this baby won't be early (and I realize I may eat my words later). My showers are in early June and I am hoping to find some nursery essentials from yard sales and Craigslist in May (crib, changing table/dresser and rocker). My hope is that having a good amount to do toward the end will keep me distracted enough to overlook not seeing my own feet and counting down the minutes until my due date.
A current pregnancy update:
- How far along: 30 weeks, 3 days
- How big is the baby: butternut squash (17 in., 3.1 lbs)
- How I'm feeling: Pretty good. I'm surprised how much energy I have most days. My ankles have started to swell, but not every day (if you look closer they appear thicker above) which I am grateful for!
- Sleeping: I'm still sleeping well and kind of can't believe it. I do wake up in the night, but quickly fall asleep.
- Food cravings: Meat and vegetables. I find myself wanting more meat, but also excited for a salad with lots of fresh veggies on it.
- Food aversions: None. I should say nothing out of the usual for me. Pepperoni and most Italian meats turn me off, along with goat cheese.
- Doctor's appointment: I have one this week.
- Movement: Lots! I noticed my belly was lop-sided for the first time last week and now I catch myself watching to see if one side of my belly bulges more.
- What I'm looking forward to: I'm getting excited to decorate. We've been keeping an eye on Craigslist for a crib and changing table. My theory is that we just have to be patient and persistent. Thankfully the Mr and I both enjoy looking.
- What I did / got for baby: I've picked up a few onesies and such over the past few weeks. I'm planning to hit up a second hand store this week for gently used baby clothes.
- What I'm wearing: Dresses are by far the most comfortable thing to wear. I am thankful it's warming up, though I still wear leggings with many dresses (my office is still chilly).
- What I learned this week: I can't believe the baby is the size of a butternut squash. No wonder it gets uncomfortable and I feel like I'm smooshing Baby G when I sit. I get up and walk around a lot to give myself a break from being all bunched up.