I have a confession. I don't have a plan for blogging about the baby. This isn't supposed to be my diary or pregnancy blog, so I hesitate to put a lot out there about pregnancy. Yet, it's a huge part of our life right now, and I can't help but let it spill on to the blog.
I have been taking pictures (and posted a few on IG) weekly to document my growth. I am trying to write in a journal for the baby on a weekly basis. And now, I am borrowing this idea from Molly to give an update.
A current pregnancy update:
- How far along: 17 weeks + 6 days
- How big is the baby: sweet potato (5.5 in., 5 oz.)
- How I'm feeling: I was feeling great until Monday. My energy has been up for the past three weeks (all of my 2nd trimester), but I got this cold and ended up leaving work early. I went to to doctor yesterday because I was so miserable and found I have a sinus infection. Ick. Thankfully, they could give me something, so I should be back in business real soon!
- Sleeping: With my head propped up thanks to the sinus infection (I can't breath laying down).
- Food cravings: Last week, I started wanting grapefruit. I don't know if it was the power of suggestion from blog posts and IG pics showing the beautiful citrus fruit, but I have had a whole one everyday since Friday. I've been enjoying all kind of fruit and fruit flavors lately from cranberry juice to no-sugar added popsicles to blueberries on my cereal.
- Food aversions: Coffee, weird but true.
- Doctor's appointment: Next week, I am seeing the doc and have an ultrasound. We could find out the gender, but we're not going to. This is hard for the planner in me, but I think it's the right choice for our first baby.
- Movement: I felt him/her move for the first time on Saturday night! We were eating a big bowl of popcorn and it almost felt like my stomach was growling, but not making any noise. And yesterday morning, the baby was really active. I was sitting still and s/he kept flipping about (or so it felt).
- Gender/Names: We are pretty settled on a girl's name, but haven't settled on a boy's name. But since we're NOT finding out, we have about 22 more weeks to mull it over.
- What I'm looking forward to: I am excited about our ultrasound next week and seeing the little one move around.
- What I did / got for baby: Created a registry and have been diligently researching cloth diapering options and figuring out nursery decor ideas. I both love and hate the challenge of gender neutral colors for the nursery, clothing and whatnot. So many things are blue or pink.
- What I'm wearing: Pretty much only maternity bottoms and some regular tops one size up from my usual. I've had some good luck finding some basic items on sale (a black skirt, jeans) and last week my cousin mailed me a bunch of tops. Most are for spring, which will be so helpful once it warms up. Since my belly is growing, the maternity pants/skirts are staying in place better and there's less tugging :)
- What I learned this week: There are way too many choices for baby items. I've been slightly overwhelmed with putting together a baby registry and decided I need to seek out an experienced mom -friend to go through it with. I'm talking which kinds of bottles, pacifiers, etc.
And don't forget, tomorrow we kick off The List linkup!